Congratulations on taking the first step to making changes in your life.
By simply searching, how to change my life forever you have opened the door to new ideas and new ways of thinking and acting.
Change does not have to be something you fear once you understand how it works and how it can be managed.
It also helps when you have people around you that support you and can guide and coach you through the challenges you may face and the emotions that will likely distract you from your ongoing progress.
By the end of this article you will be armed with a tool that is part of a simple plan to help guide you as you make small improvements towards significant, positive change.
At this point, I have no clue what you might be going through, your situation, your education or what you are looking to change.
However, regardless of why you are looking to change I can give you a simple place to start, a simple approach to making small improvements in your life every day.
Over time, you will start to feel better, have m
ore energy, and get more excited about your future. Our plan at the Help Me Network is to help you build a foundation of knowledge and skills so you can make gradual, continuous improvements in your life.
These small improvements will ultimately add up to significant positive change.
WHO AM I TO HELP?
My name is Braden and I am the founder of The Help Me Network. To learn more about me and the purpose of this community I encourage you to read the About Help Me post after reading How to Change My Life Forever.
I am a father of two and I have spent over 20 years managing and coaching all types and ages of people in my career. I have also had many life changing decisions and experiences that required a strong mindset to pull me out of depression, frustration and even anger.
These experiences I refer to as defining moments because they define me as a person. Not for how I got into the situation, but what I learned from the situation and how I responded.
The plan I am about to share with you is something I use myself and I continually try to improve every single day. It does not cost a dime, but it does take work and commitment.
THE BACKGROUND FOR CHANGE
You may have heard of, been exposed to or even participated in personal development ideas, concepts or strategies before today.
There are thousands of personal development gurus in the World and they all have varying ideas and approaches on what and how you should think and act.
My approach is different as I combine different techniques to create simple life changing plans. I have taken everything I have learned and experienced dealing with people and managing businesses and created something anyone can learn and more importantly implement into their life and sustain it over time – forever.
As I see it, there are a couple of problems with any personal improvement book, seminar, conference, course or webinar people use to make positive changes in their life.
- The support you receive and need after you finish reading a book or attending a conference is not satisfactory and it is challenging so you can make improvements alone.
- The concepts and strategies are usually not sustainable because there are foundation pieces to the improvement puzzle people are missing.
Let me explain further, the first main problem is simple.
If you have ever attended a conference, what typically happens after it is over?
During or even shortly after the conference, if it was any good, you are energized and excited about what you learned or witnessed. However, when you return home or to work the surrounding people are not as excited about what you learned or what you want to try or change.
Eventually, you lose the excitement because there is no plan to support your energy for change or improvement.
The second main problem is a little more complicated.
Let’s suppose you just finished reading a self-improvement book and there was a lot of neat ideas on how to think positively, set goals, change your life, make money, get a promotion, develop a strong mind set, etc.
However, your expectations for how and when these ideas will create positive results for you may not be realistic and they may not align with your current ability to integrate them into your life.
As an example, imagine you are quiet and passive person, an introvert. If you are an introvert this should be easy to visualize. After reading a personal improvement book you decide to improve your ability to be more involved in meetings or to become more interactive at dinner parties.
The book gives you a few ideas on how to increase your confidence in these situations, so you feel more comfortable sharing your ideas and meeting new people.
A few days later you have a meeting at work. Even though, you are nervous you are also excited about testing what you have just learned in your personal development book.The person in charge of the meeting asks the group for ideas on how to solve a problem.
Here is your chance, you have an idea and you are about to speak when the most dominant person in the room shares his/her idea before you. It also turns out that it is a pretty good idea.
Another scenario, you end up sharing your idea, but you do not receive any positive reinforcement from anyone in the room. There is a bit of silence and then someone else shares their idea.
How do you feel in both of these situations as a quiet, passive person and what do you do next?
More than likely you were hoping for a better result and now you are thinking you are not capable of being that confident, valuable person at work.
There is nothing wrong with reading these books or attending these conferences, but life is more complicated and many factors on a daily basis are continually trying to tear away your positive thinking and confidence.
MY LIFE CHANGING PLAN FOR YOU
How to change my life forever, like everything in life is a process that takes time. It is very difficult and challenging sustaining change and get meaningful results if you jump to the fifth, tenth or last step of the process.
You need to prepare yourself for change, you need a clear vision of what you want to change, realistic expectations and a plan to achieve the desired outcome. It is also helpful to have someone you can trust support you through your transition.
We need to start at step one of the process, so if you have not read the “About Help Me – The Best Place to Start” article please read it first by clicking HERE.
A few important things to keep in mind as you continue to read and learn about making small improvements that lead to positive changes:
- As humans, we build habits over time and we generally like to start off simple, so we can feel good and confident that we can proceed without fear. We need small wins and reinforcement to keep us motivated.
- Whether you consider yourself an independent, strong person or not we all need help and support in some fashion and we want to belong to something greater than ourselves.
- Our minds are our greatest enemy and our most powerful resource; becoming aware of your own mind, what and how you think and how to manage your thoughts is absolutely crucial in capturing your potential.
- Everyone has great potential; some just have to work harder than others to realize it.
Okay, so this is what I want you to consider as the basis for the plan. The Help Me Network and I are here for you, if you want to learn more about continuous improvement and get continued support, let us move on to some other ground rules:
- For the time being, forget about your goals, your future, your problems and your past. Clear your mind. Remember, one step at a time.
- You have one goal in life – to be a value contributor! I would like you to visualize and focus on Step 3 until you feel comfortable. It really does not matter how long it takes. This is not a race.
- Once you feel like you are ready, start practicing being a value contributor through your actions and what you say to other people until it becomes a habit for you. In other words, it becomes part of your daily life.
STEP 3 – BECOME A VALUE CONTRIBUTOR
Before you can have success, before you can sustain positive changes, before you do anything that has a learning process you must prepare. Use the following guidelines to help you get a broad understanding of the concept:
- Everything in life is much harder if you and other people either perceive or think you add little or no value to yourself, them or the situation.
- Everything you think, say or do either has some sort of value or not.
- If you think you cannot do something or you make a negative comment to someone or you cut someone off in traffic you are not a value contributor.
- If you start to think anything is possible, hold the door open for someone at a store or give someone a compliment you are a value contributor.
- Every time you have a thought or you are about to say or do something ask yourself, does or will this add value to me or someone else.
- If the answer is “no” you need to stop yourself and find another path, solution or action to take.
- If for some reason your action cannot be immediately changed due to a work related job function you still need to figure out how to remedy the situation in the future to stop being a non-value added contributor.
YOUR ACTION PLAN
From the moment you wake up in the morning until you go to bed become aware of your value and non-value added contributions throughout the day and write them down or at least make sure you record your observation in your mind.
Being highly observant and aware of your own thoughts and actions and to those around you will form a strong foundation habit, skill and ability you will use so you can make further positive changes in your life.
Although this may sound easy or you already consider yourself a master of value I challenge you to really listen and watch for value in your life.
I guarantee if you try this honestly you will start to see things differently and you can begin so you can make some changes in how you think and act. Some changes may be very subtle and that’s okay as long as it makes a positive improvement.
Chances are, you are not going to be a master value contributor in one day, a month or even a year. It takes practice and a willingness to form a brilliant habit, but it is well worth the effort.
The best part of this step is that no one, but you will even know you are doing it. It’s completely safe from external factors, you are the only one in control of your awareness.
It’s impossible for anything to happen that will derail your motivation to continue being observant and learning from what you discover.
Once you feel comfortable, start applying your value added thoughts and actions into your daily life. Start with simple positive gestures.
Its real easy so you can make a small, concentrated effort to smile, say hello, compliment others, hold doors open for people or simply say thank you.
If you already feel comfortable with these small positive gestures or once you feel ready to move on to another level of adding value try them on people you do not like that much or people you normally shy away from during your day.
Maybe it is the CEO of your company who is not that friendly or maybe it is just a kid you never acknowledge on the street or maybe it is someone you had a falling out with.
The next time you see them, say hello so they can hear you and keep walking. Doing things that make you uncomfortable makes you more capable of adding greater value, which is the goal.
Do you think our passive, quiet and introverted person who has formed a value contributor habit will have a better chance of sharing their idea at the next meeting?
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP OF THE PROCESS?
Besides working on Steps 1 through 3, including Becoming a Value Contributor I would appreciate it if you left me a comment or some feedback on this article below.
Your feedback will help us improve our value and what we offer at The Help Me Network.
In addition, I would encourage you to become a free member of our community if you have not already registered and you have found some value in what we are offering.
As a free member you can stay informed about updates, announcements and opportunities. You can join HERE for free.
And finally, bookmark this page, so once you feel you are ready for Step 4 of the How to Change My Life Forever plan you continue from here.
To Your Value,